ampliPHOX® Colorimetric Detection Technology
Protein and nucleic acid microarrays represent promising technology for accurate, multiplexed, and rapid identification of pathogens and biomarkers. Until now, several practical issues, such as expensive fluorescence detection systems, have prevented widespread use of microarrays in microbiological analysis.
ampliPHOX® Colorimetric Detection is an inexpensive alternative to fluorescence detection for both nucleic acid and protein applications when paired with focused microarrays (less than 2500 spots). Rather than a fluorescent label, ampliPHOX Colorimetric Detection Technology utilizes a photoinitiator that, when activated by light, generates signal amplification through polymerization of an organic monomer. The detection technology is easy to use and can be completed within minutes when applied to focused microarrays. The ampliPHOX Reader is used to activate photopolymerization on focused microarrays, to image the resulting pattern of visual spots, and instantly interpret the image – providing the user with immediate results.
“After evaluating the ampliPHOX colorimetric technology, my lab no longer uses expensive fluorescent dyes for detection of pathogens with DNA microarrays. The low cost of the ampliPHOX reagents in conjunction with the simplicity and rapidness of this colorimetric assay has allowed us to increase the number of bacterial isolates to be genotyped with DNA microarrays. We are now getting in a several hours the results that took us days to obtain with our previous assays.”
–Beatriz Quiñones, PhD, Scientist, USDA-ARS, Western Reg. Res. Ctr., Albany CA
- Achieve equivalent sensitivity to traditional fluorescence microarray detection methods at one-tenth the price.
- Proprietary detection technology that provides visual, colorimetric results within 20 minutes with imaging and analysis performed by the ampliVIEW software.
- A flexible platform that can be optimized to detect proteins and nucleic acids, even within the same array.
- Instrumentation is light weight (less than 3 lbs) and compact (5.8”H x 5.5”W x 5.7”L).
- Intuitive ampliVIEW software enables automated interpretation of user-designed arrays.
- ampliPHOX reagents are inexpensive and easy-to-use.
For research and investigational use only. Contact sales for more information.
To learn about our Custom Arrays and other products, please click here.