ampliPHOX® Colorimetric Detection Technology
ampliPHOX® Colorimetric Detection is an inexpensive alternative to traditional fluorescence detection for both nucleic acid and protein applications when paired with target-specific microarrays (less than 2,500 spots). Rather than a fluorescent label, ampliPHOX utilizes a photoinitiator that, when activated by light, generates signal amplification through polymerization of an organic monomer. The detection technology is easy to use and can be completed within minutes. The ampliPHOX Reader is used to activate photopolymerization and to image the resulting pattern of visual spots. Once programmed for your array, the software can also interpret the image – providing the user with immediate results.
“After evaluating the ampliPHOX colorimetric technology, my lab no longer uses expensive fluorescent dyes for detection of pathogens with DNA microarrays. The low cost of the ampliPHOX reagents in conjunction with the simplicity and rapidness of this colorimetric assay has allowed us to increase the number of bacterial isolates to be genotyped with DNA microarrays. We are now getting in a several hours the results that took us days to obtain with our previous assays.”
–Beatriz Quiñones, PhD, Scientist, USDA-ARS, Western Reg. Res. Ctr., Albany CA
- Achieve equivalent sensitivity to traditional fluorescence microarray detection methods at one-tenth the price.
- Proprietary detection technology that provides visual, colorimetric results within 20 minutes with imaging and analysis performed by the ampliVIEW software.
- A flexible platform that can be optimized to detect proteins and nucleic acids, even within the same array.
- Up to 500 unique targets can be tested in triplicate in a single array.
- Instrumentation is light weight (less than 3 lbs) and compact (5.8”H x 5.5”W x 5.7”L), and cost effective (less than $5,000).
- Intuitive ampliVIEW software enables automated interpretation of user-designed arrays.
- ampliPHOX reagents are inexpensive and easy-to-use.
To learn more about other items and services InDevR offers, please visit our Products Overview page.